Monday, October 8, 2012

September Premier Reviews: Part II

see part I of my reviews here
 
From laugh-out-loud comedies to edge-of-the-seat dramas, the second part of the fall premiers didn't disappoint.
 
Modern Family
 

As always, funny and refreshing. I don't love all of the story lines, but the characters are still sympathetic and lovable.
 
The Big Bang Theory
 

The premier was funny, but I'm a little bored with the Penny/Leonard back and forth relationship. I really want the writers to decide what storyline to use and go with it.

The Good Wife
 

I'm not sure this show will ever disappoint. I love the strong female characters (Julianna Margulies as Alicia, Christine Beranski as Diane and Archie Panjabi as Kalinda) they are all flawed and unsure about their romantic lives, but the camera doesn't focus too heavily on those aspects like other shows would. Rather, we see their strengths, their convictions, and their ability to deal with their flaws in a real way.

Revenge


Such a good soap opera. I'm proud to say I'm a fan of this show. They laid a lot of their cards on the table for the premier, but I feel like there's more in store for us. This show is very well organized. The writers are so far doing a good job of keeping the storyline flowing smoothly.

666 Park Avenue
 
 
I watched the premier of this show, but I'm not sure if I'll continue to watch. I really don't think it's good for my blood pressure. The show hasn't been very scary, but the suspense has been a bit too much for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment